October 18, 2019
Re: 2019-20 Winter Sports Online Athletics Registration
We are excited to announce that the Athletics Online Registration for Winter Sports through the myMCPS Parent Portal is now open. This will include all registration for interscholastic athletic teams and corollary athletic teams for the winter sports season. The myMCPS Parent Portal is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our athletic programs. It is highly recommended that online registration be completed no later than 48 hours prior to the November 15, 2019, Winter Sports tryout date.
For student safety and security, in the event of a custody issue, instead of using the online Athletics Registration application, parents or guardians must either download the required forms from the Forms page on the Montgomery County Public Schools Athletics website https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/athletics/ A completed hard copy of the forms must be submitted to the school before the student can participate in tryouts or practices.
Registration Information: The following information will be required to submit an athletics registration:
- Contact information for the student’s parents or guardians and emergency contacts
- Doctor and dentist name and phone number
- Health insurance information (company name and type of insurance) and hospital preference
- Pre-participation Physical Evaluation for Athletics (Form SR-8) The Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form is valid for one year from the date of the exam and covers participation for all sports within that time period. If a student participated in a previous high school sport the date on file will pre-populate when registering. The physical exam signature page is the only page needed for a student-athlete to participate. This page can either be uploaded directly into the system for the Athletic Director to review or a hard copy of the page can be submitted to the Athletic Director for entry.
- Tetanus Shot Date
- Allergy and Medication Information
- Health Conditions and Treatment Information
- Traumatic Brain Injury Information (including dates of injuries and results)
Registration Application Process: After logging in to the myMCPS Parent Portal, click on the Winter Sports Season Athletic Registration tab located at the bottom of the left side menu.
- The main navigation path is located on the left side of the page and indicates the current step of the registration process. Following the initial login to the portal, you will land on the introduction page. Use the Next button to advance one page, or the Previous button to go back one page while navigating the portal.
- Review the information that you entered on the Athletic Registration application. After you have reviewed the forms and made any necessary changes, click the Submit button. After selecting ‘Submit’, the registration will be complete and you will be able to save/download or print a copy of your registration for your own reference, and you will receive an e-mail confirming your completed submission.
A step-by-step tutorial for completing the Athletics Registration application can be found at (http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/athletics/).
Support: Parents/guardians needing additional help with accessing their myMCPS Parent Portal account may contact Mr. Reggie Spears at 301-284-4480 or Reginald_L_Spears@mcpsmd.org.
Reginald L. Spears