We are in full swing with our Fall Sports Virtual Registration and our student-athletes are having some great engaging activities with their coaches. Thank you to both our coaches and student-athletes who have made the most of this experience.
We are excited to announce that Winter Virtual Sports window will open on October 6th and will stay open until October 20th until 11:59pm. Late registrations will not be accepted.
Virtual Winter Sports will run from October 26th – December 4th, a link to register will be coming in a few days.
The Winter season will consist of the following teams; Poms, Indoor Track, Coed Bocce, Wrestling, Boys and Girls Basketball and Boys and Girls Swim and Dive.
A few important things to remember.
- The high school interscholastic athletics virtual program is available to all students at the high school level – no cuts.
- The high school virtual athletics season consists of a minimum of three student-athlete and coach engagement sessions per week (corollary sports will meet two times per week), over the course of five weeks.
- All students participating in the winter virtual season, as part of the MCPS interscholastic athletics program, must complete the online registration process.
- Registration is done electronically through the (Watkins Mill HS Athletics Registration form (link coming soon).
- Students and parents/guardians who have difficulty with registration should contact the Watkins Mill Athletic Specialist- Ms. Lisa Magness- Lisa_Magness@mcpsmd.org
- Student-Athletes can only register to participate in one sport.
- Student-Athletes must have an updated physical. Please see here for the correct forms needed. No other physical form is accepted by MCPS Athletics.
- If a student-athlete has a physical on file from Fall virtual engagement, that is still valid.
- Here is more information regarding some important Q&A’s for virtual engagement.
We are excited to provide your student-athlete with the greatest education based virtual athletics season during such unprecedented times. We Can, We Will, We R.A.I.S.E.