The mission of the Watkins Mill High School Athletic Department is to provide an athletic
program that is a powerful source of pride for our school, community, county and state,
which develops the student-athlete through teaching, learning and competition, and instills
the qualities of sportsmanship, leadership, and teamwork in all student-athletes.
- We believe student-athletes are our highest priority and our athletic department will be student centered.
- We believe athletics can foster leadership, confidence, and self-esteem in all participants.
- We believe the athletic program can broaden student-athletes’ in many ways.
- We believe preparation, concentrated effort, and commitment of all stakeholders in our athletic program will contribute to a more positive experience and a winning program.
- We believe teamwork strengthens the development and success of our athletic programs.
- We believe qualified coaches and program administrators are important components in a successful athletic program.
- We believe that open communication and mutual respect among coaches, parents, athletic stakeholders and athletes provide the foundations of a successful athletic program.
- We believe positive parental support and involvement enhance student-athlete growth and program quality.
- We believe above all else, our coaches, student-athletes and all involved with Watkins Mill athletics will put sportsmanship, class and character first while wearing the Watkins Mill logo and/or colors.